Here is another stop of your Pranayama journey or you can say one of the yoga breathing techniques – Kapalbhati Pranayama
Kapalbhati pranayama procedure is very simple. But ya it’s very important that you do it properly and don’t hurt yourself. You have to do it with caution.
Check out the Kapalbhati Pranayama Steps
Keep your stomach empty when you do Kapalbhati yoga asanas . You should do it in the early morning as it’s considered as the best time for yoga practice. You can practice in eve but keep in mind that you have to maintain at least four hours gap between your last meal and yoga.
- Sit in the straight posture like siddhasna or padmasana.
- Keep your hands on your knees and breathe normally and relax.
- Be sure that you keep your spine straight while sitting.
- Now you have to breathe in and breathe out quickly and exhalation should be forceful but you should be comfortable with it.
- When you exhale your belly should go inward, abdominal muscles contract.
- Inhale normally to bring oxygen back to your lungs.
- Breathing should be taken through the nose only not from the mouth.
- As you inhale oxygen normally repeat forceful exhalation with the steady rhythm.
- You can repeat it 10 times or more. After doing five times take a short break and do it again five times. Don’t do it for a long time in the beginning, you have to increase the timings slowly.
Kapalbhati Pranayama Benefits
- Kapalbhati yoga asana will clean the cranial sinuses and can also ease cerebral thrombosis.
- It will purify your nervous system.
- It helps us to control your thoughts.
- It improves the respiratory system and lungs.
- It helps us to improve the reproductive system.
- It will improve pancreas function.
- It will help in the production of insulin hormone naturally.
- It will remove toxins and clean the internal system.
- It will Stable and calm your mind.
- This yoga helps to lose weight.
- In many cases, it helps us to cure breast cancer.
- It will help to flatten belly fat.
- It will throw off depression.
- Kapalbhati pranayama cures acidity, constipation, asthma, diabetes, hair loss, sinus and many other problems.
♦ If you kidney problem kapabhati parnayam will cure it and make it functioning properly.
Kapalbhati Pranayama Precautions
- If you are feeling sick and faint slow down the exhaling force and speed of Kapalbhati pranayama.
- You may stop doing kapalbhati completely and breathe normally.
- If you have any heat or acidity related gastric problem like ulcers don’t do kapalbhati pranayama.
- If you have high BP, Heart stroke, heart disease or epilepsy avoid doing kapal bhati.
Wear yoga pants and do it according to the method and after consulting your doctor.